The organization was formed in 1975 to attract new business, create increased awareness of retail shopping opportunities, and stimulate interest in historic Uptown Maumee.
The MUBA is comprised of merchants, business owners, professionals, fraternal organizations and even residents from within the area.
Some of our contributions over the years to the community:
- Mews Park Benches
- Library Entry Fountain
- Library Story Room Fireplace
- Seasonal Street Banners
- Holiday Door Wreaths
- Historic Street Signs
- Anti-wrap Flag Poles
- Marble Bench at the Indoor Theater
- Financial Support to Local Clubs, Non-Profit Organizations and Schools
- Cooperative Funding Assistance for Advertising
- New Signs in the East and West Mews Parking Areas
MUBA Sponsors the Following Special Events:
- Hop into Spring - Easter "Egg"stravaganza
- "Rock the Block" Live Band Night (for 21 and older)
- Food Truck Fridays (June-August)
- July 3 Community Fireworks Party
- Maumee Summer Fair on the 2nd Weekend in August
- Taste of Maumee on the 2nd Weekend in August
- Summer Fair Lot Party with Live Bands
- Find the Scarecrows - Scavenger Hunt
- Halloween Trick-or-Treating
- Holiday Store Front Decoration Contest
- Holiday Light Parade & 5K Holiday Hustle
Become a Maumee Uptown Business Association Member Today.
As a member you will enjoy the benefits of networking your business and taking part in shaping the future of the uptown area. We keep you up-to-date on current events, happenings and government issues that may affect the uptown area of the community.